I have often believed that a round of golf should be interesting, enjoyable and challenging at the same time. This compilation of holes are exactly that! Every hole on the list is one that a golfer would eagerly anticipate. The excitement of a possible birdie perfectly balanced with potential for disaster.
Now keep in mind this is my list and as a result it incorporates the best four short par 3's, four short par 5's and ten short par 4's according to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts and which holes you feel would make your list...
· 12th Augusta National GC (155yds)
· 7th Pebble Beach GC (106yds)
· 8th Royal Troon GC (123yds)
· 11th Shinnecock Hills GC (154yds)
· 13th Augusta National GC (510 yds)
· 18th National Golf Links of America (502 yds)
· 9th Muirfield (505 yds)
· 3rd Old Prestwick (535 yds)
· 14th Secession GC (360 yds)
· 10th Riviera GC (315 yds)
· 13th Harbourtown GL (354 yds)
· 17th TPC Scottsdale (332 yds)
· 14th Muirfield Village GC (336 yds)
· 3rd Augusta National GC (340 yds)
· 14th National Golf Links of America (341 yds)
· 15th World Woods – Pine Barrens (339 yds)
· 7th Sand Hills GC (283 yds)
· 9th Cypress Point GC (292 yds)
The truly amazing fact about this 'golf course' is that it would only measure 5882 yards in total! There are not many of those of us who call ourselves golfers who'd be caught dead teeing it up from the 5900 yard markers. Now I'm sure some of the par 5's on the list could be stretched a little longer than what I have them listed at, but the fun part is being tempted by these great holes - and if they're any longer I simply couldn't be tempted.
I honestly cannot think of a golf course I would be more excited to play. I hope you enjoyed my list and I'm sure you'd have a few holes you could improve upon. Let me know your picks...