This must be one of the simplest, yet most helpful practice aids I have ever come across!
This teaching aid will greatly assist any golfer, not only with their alignment, but also provide an excellent visual image of what the swing path should be through impact.
If you are looking for a “high tech device” you are in the wrong place! All you need is a 8-10 foot heavy piece of nylon string available at any home improvement store and two golf tees. Attach the ends of the string to each tee by burning off or tying and place the tees in the ground as illustrated. There is no concern for a line that is 'parallel left' of your target here, as the string is placed almost directly on your target line. It cannot be bumped off line or cause damage if hit during a swing.
The golf ball should be placed a few inches inside the string. When hitting driver you can actually tee the ball up right on the string!
As you address the ball, not only will you be aligned correctly, but you will get a clear sense of what it means to swing "down the line." This handy device can be used for all shots, including work on your chipping and putting.
If PGA Tour players are using this, surely you too should give it a try!
Place the tee closest to the target in the ground first and then back up and align the string at your intended target.
Start hitting shots toward the front of the string and work the divots back along the inside of the string.
The clubhead should never cross the string, either coming into impact or exiting the hit. Feel the clubhead staying 'inside the wall' so to speak.
If you think you don't need this, trust me, you do!
Things to Ponder:
- What do Kenny Knox, Nolan Henke, Tom Byrum, Willie Wood and David Peoples have in common? Besides the fact that they all played in the 1988 Greater Hartford Open (?) they are all playing on the PGA Tour this week! There must be more competent golfers out there......
- Lance Ten Broeck (see above group) caddied for Jesper Parnevik in the morning and then played, shooting 71, in the afternoon! Never heard of that before...http://www.geoffshackelford.com/
- Hey, David Feherty, ever heard the joke about two bullets, Nancy Pelosi and Osama? Ever heard of a fellow CBS commentator called Ben Wright? BTW Feherty is working the Valero Texas Open this week although I'm surprised he's not playing!
- Michelle Wie still wants to compete against the men! And I want to drive down Magnolia Drive in a red Ferrari and win the Masters....
- My pick this week, Justin Leonard, is looking good so far. Go boy, go!
- I know of two teams in fantasy golf who picked Henrik Stenson and Ian Poulter! How's that for a $2.8 million pay day?