Far too many golfers struggle with their wedge play. I see it all the time! In this article and video I have dug deep and come up with my three favorite drills for you to practice if you'd like to get better from close range. Take a look...
Impact Drag Drill
- Using an alignment rod in lieu of a club take your normal pitching address position
- Place the tip of the rod on the ground about 3 feet behind where the ball would be
- Keeping the arms extended, rotate and elevate the lead shoulder to get the rod through impact
Pitching Draw Drill
- Tee the ball up and place an alignment rod between the ball and the target
- The objective is to get the ball to draw around the rod
- Have the handle traveling up and in while the clubhead travel down and out for draws
9 Ball Trajectory Drill
- Using nine balls to develop skill and adaptability
- Hit the first three balls to three different targets with your stock trajectory
- The second three balls are hit with a slightly higher trajectory to different targets
- The final three are hit with a lower trajectory to different targets as well
My hope is that these drills will help to upgrade your technique, develop your skill around the greens and ultimately help you become a more well-rounded golfer.
Thanks for reading/watching and if you enjoyed this article please share it with a friend who you feel might benefit.